1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

residential plowing with 9ft mm2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kman67rsss, Oct 25, 2013.

1. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

Im looking at a few MM2 plows for my 10 2500HD. I will be plowing my driveway and parking area. pretty large area. Is a 9ft plow too much? Price difference is only a few hundred bucks. Dont want to end up with something too big. thanks

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Depends if your plowing in the city or rural areas. I love my 9ft x blade.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Personally I only buy V plows, they are about $ 600 more than a straight blade, much more versitiale, don't affect fuel mileage or handling as bad. Another reason is trucks never run hot with them on, my 02 2500 HD had always had a vplow on it never ran hot, when I bought our new house I used it to move my 9' staight blade I had replace (but kept as a back up blade), truck ran hot, once we put vplow on it issue disappeared with out any other change.

4. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

was the 2500 enough truck for the 9ft. my driveway and area in front of the garage is the size of some small parking lots. I'm concerned with the v-plows extra weight as I've got the duramax and front end weight is already an issue. hows the 9ft over the road?

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

9' on the road was very wide, in NY actually should have an "overwidth permit". My 9' was bought when I bought my 3500 srw new, truck was a 1999, back then the gvw was 9200, which is now a 2500hd's gvw. We wore out the A frame pivot point, I decided the rest of the plow was getting tired too so I replaced off truck & some wiring with a 8-6" v blade & repaired the 9' for a back up blade. That truck had a big block in it, which isn't a diesel but it heavy. The v plow isn't much more weight than a 9', plus when your driving you fold the wings back which transfers the leverage closer to the truck.