1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential plowing getting scary

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Switchless, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

Jersey/Sunday snow,
    We had two very close calls where cars tried to pass us on the left, while we were turning "left", into streets.
    This is the first year I've noticed how really impatient drivers (women) are.
    These girls came out of nowhere, and because we were slowing down to make the left, they sped up and tried to go around us, before we made the turn.
    Is it me, or are things just getting more scary????
    Thanks,
    Pete

2. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

the scary part is some of the driveways i have are straight up. :eek: gonna bail on all them next year....dont need a heartattack sliding backwards into a main road.

3. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I am with you guys,

It seems that everybody and there mother needs bread and milk when it snows. The worst part of it is that they are the most careless drivers on the road. I had one close call when I did this one driveway that is a pretty good incline and rock walls on both sides, I started sliding down even with the plow down in reverse. I almost slid right into the wall but somehow my instincs told me to angle the plow the other way and get off the brakes. Well I slid into a pretty busy street and missed the wall by about two inches. Wow was I lucky that there was nobody was flying down the road.:eek:
    I would have kicked my own a** if I dented the new truck...

Jason

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Not much you can do besides make sure you use your signals and wear the seat belt. I honestly think some people need to get in a wreck because they couldn't wait to make them realize how much of an ass they are being driving like that.

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

theres not much you can do i know youre using your signals some people are just crazy but hey its their fault if they hit you from behind

6. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

I had the big blower in the back of the truck, of course the plow, had the rotating beacon going on top, lights on and still I was just a "big bug" in the way.:dizzy: :dizzy:

I had half a mind to let her clip the side of the plow, but at $300/hour, she wasn't worth wrecking my day.:gunsfiring: