1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential driveway shoveling/snowblowing startup???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by the grass guy, Jun 28, 2009.

1. the grass guy

the grass guy Junior Member
    from Canada

Good day folks. I have been searching through many posts trying to find the answers I seek but cannot seem to get to the bottom of everything and would love some help.

I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada and our snow season usually runs from Nov 1st till about mid April. We had snow in June this year!!!!

Anyway, I am thinking about doing only residential customers for shoveling and snowblowing only with driveways that are about 20' by 30'. Maybe a bit smaller. Most have sidewalks and such. I am trying to determine a monthly cost and a good number of contracts to manage on my own. To me monthly contracts seems like the best fit for me because I would prefer knowing ahead of time what kind of cash to expect each month. Also, for those of you that know Calgary out weather can be pretty messed up. It has been know to be -5 on day in Jan and the 50 the next....no jokes. It is because of a weather pattern called a "chinook."

Anyway, I will continue to use the search function but most info I have come over relates to mostly plowing residential contracts and seasonal prices. I am looking for monthly cost and for an idea of the number of contracts that would be manageable for me on my own.

Thanks everyone! tymusic
  2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Try searching "tight residential route" by Neige... He runs an amazing res. snow removal business... That might help you a bit
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Snowblowing a bunch of drives will get very old quickly.
    Find a truck and plow set-up.