1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

REsidential driveway flyers michigan

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by adam5557, Sep 17, 2006.

1. adam5557

adam5557 Member

When do you guys normally start tossin out flyers for just residential drivewaysin michigan?I got a ton to do so just want some opinions...thanks

2. concreteman

concreteman Junior Member

i'm puting my ad and flyers out oct 1 and sending contracts out for last years customers some time after that

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I am going to do the same thing. My question is, how do you deliver them, and WHERE DO YOU PUT THEM. The Postal Service gets all anal when you put the flyers in the mailbox and all that, and I havnt really found a great method of distribution. Are you taping them on doors? Leaving them under floor mats? Putting them on windshields?

4. shamp

shamp Member

some mail boxes have a bottom section open for news paper you can stick flyers or whatever you like in there, alot of the mail boxes around me are on the street so its real easy to drive by and drop them in. If you cant do that you can open the screen door and drop them in there.

5. concreteman

concreteman Junior Member

i put my on the red flag of the mail box and went around the block and there are flying around so the next area i put them in the mail box hope the feds dont come knocking on my door :nono:

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Do what you want to do, but as a former mail carrier, I can tell you that "anything inside the mail receptacle goes in the collections". Whether it had the proper postage affixed or the address correct was not my call to make.

That would seem like a lot of wasted time and material to just wind up in the mailroom garbage. Putting them into the box after the mail is delivered is considered (at least attempted) "theft of mails". Anyone suspicious (not the resident or representative) opening a mailbox after I delivered mail was reported to the supervisor and on up to the Postal Inspectors.

Still think it's a joke?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  7. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

so mick

with that being said were should we put flyers

8. shamp

shamp Member

You can make flyer's with the pull tabs with your phone number on them and hang them at your local stores that have large traffic areas.

9. Mick

from Maine

If you want them in the mail boxes, how about sending though a "target marketing" service. My daughter works for one and tells me I could target my zip code area for $500. They will help with design graphics, etc.

You might try a local convenience store. I put out several in these and they are free. I make a pocket for cards.

Are there newspaper boxes beside the mail boxes in your area?

Maybe inside screen/storm doors?

10. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

thanks

i idnt think the whole post it in the supermaret would really work cause i never read or take those seriously but ill take your word for it if it worked for you :waving:

11. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Flyering has gotten so out of control where I live. When I am out flyering I see other peoples papers blowing all over the place and it looks really bad. Plus whenever I do this people are so sick of picking up all the trash that they really are not responding too much anymore. Just want you to know that this is still the cheapest way to advertise for the money. Just can't justify spending all that money on the direct mail services. Understand that that is the only true way to get that flyer inside the mailbox. Just really don't know what else I could do to advertise as cheaply as I can with flyers. I mean for about $35.00 in gas and about $.07 per flyer I can get to a lot of customers by using the mailbox. Maybe Mick or anyone else might have a suggestion on what could be as cheap to use/do???:help:

12. Mick

from Maine

AS cheap, no, unless you consider the potential fine. A couple of posts up, I gave a few ideas. I've also found the local shopper to be cheap advertising. For a few bucks, get magnetic signs for your truck until you can afford permanent signs. Unless there's a covenant against it, try a sign at the end of your driveway. Get some business cards to pass out (they're cheap or you can make then from card stock on a computer). These are just a few, once you start thinking you should be able to come up with more.

13. shamp

shamp Member

you can also look into your local church bulletin they run weakly and are usually cheep to run an ad in.

14. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Not saying that it isn't a good idea but I checked into a local Catholic Church in the area and they said it was going to run all year (good for other services too) and it would be $1600.00 yr.? Wow! :dizzy:

15. shamp

shamp Member

thats a little carried away for a church bulletin seems like the collection plates not getting enough on Sundays.payup