1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential drives in NY

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wawuce, Jan 9, 2006.

1. wawuce

wawuce Member

Does anyone know what the typical rate is for plowing upper/lower duplexes? I plow for my brother in-law who has them. They start out one car wide then open up to a three car at the end. I have three of them in succession but access to them is limited when other cars are parked in the driveway or on the road. Then I have his personal drive across the street. It is one car wide all the way up to the garage. Limited access again. He has a fence on one side of the drive and the house on the other. He also has a pellet stove exhaust sticking out into the driveway. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys & girls.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I would say $35 and you plow what you can if a car is in the way plow around it. Why don't you just ask your brother-in-law?

3. wawuce

wawuce Member

Even though he his my brother in-law. I tend to think twice about asking him certain things. Kinda like when you go to buy a car. Let them talk first. Would you pay $10K for something that is selling for $8K? He is cheap. A bath in motor oil wouldn't even help him.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

okay sooooo, are you planning on taking these accounts from him or are you getting a truck and plow and going to find others?

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be better off staying away from family.

6. addicted

addicted Senior Member

How true it is. . . do family for free at the end of your route, or avoid them all together. Especially the cheapo's.