1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential contracts?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Hawkeslandscapi, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Hawkeslandscapi

Hawkeslandscapi Junior Member

How long is your contracts between customers? i thinking no more than one page, what should it contain?
  2. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

mine are only one page
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the longer I plowed the longer the contract got as I kept encountering the amazing ability of the customer to twist/read into/make up/argue/ etc etc.

the purpose of the contract is to make sure both you and your customer are on the same page. when your coming, when you'll be back, when the season starts and finishes, what happens if cars are in the way, the town plow comes by, if they don't pay, if you don't show up, contact numbers, cancellation policy, lawn damage..... lets see what else am I missing?
  4. Hawkeslandscapi

Hawkeslandscapi Junior Member

sounds good to me. thanks for the help
  5. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They ignore all that and call you anyways when there is less then and inch on the ground. When are you coming there is snow on my driveway.

They look at the contract once when they sign it and maybe to get your phone # when its snowing.
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

That is so true. No matter how well written the contract is there seems to be confusion especially when it is in the customers favor.

Keep it clear and concise. Easier said than done sometimes.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sometimes less is better. Have the basics on it .This way if something goes wrong or they have a question they are not quoting back your own contract clauses .