1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Contract

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by sir spaniourd, Jan 28, 2005.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I have spent many, many hours searching for Residential Contracts. I would like to know if anybody knows of a generic contract format that might be emailed or if any one would be willing to share it. This is my first year plowing and I am already running into trouble with some customers. We had a verbal agreement. it worked fine several times but after this past major storm they are not willing to pay in total for my services. I searched many posts looking for samples of Residential contracts with no luck.
    please, give me a hand.
    Thanks

2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

If you search past threads on this site you will find a wealth of information on contracts. Anything you come up with should be put past a qualified attorney. A bad contract is worthless, it's well worth the investment on your part.

Heres a copy of mine, a lot of this came off this site. :salute:
    Good luck
    Ken

Attached Files:

3. durchins

durchins Member

4. winterangel

winterangel Member
    from Ohio

I have read on other sites that a contract is in a sense worthless. That a it's nothing binding in the eyes of the court. Only time I use a contract is for landscape installations, and commercial accounts.
    In any what do you all know?

5. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Here in New York anyway, an agreement does have some teeth so long as the agreement is deemed "Reasonable" for both parties and states each parties responsibility's. Most damage waivers are null and void since you must be responsible for your own actions, decisions, and activities. Also you can not waive negligence on your part. Anybody using an agreement in any business should have an attorney draw it up, or look over what you have drawn up to see that it will not be thrown out in court because it is deemed unreasonable. Having had to go to court I can tell you that a good agreement considered legally binding in the eyes of the court has a value far above the attorneys fees and costs of drawing it up.