1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residential Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Theshoemaker, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Anybody start advertising for new residentials yet this season?? I plan to start in the next week or so..Any thoughts or imput??

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I sent out my first round of post cards about a month ago, offering an early signing discount if they signed by Oct. 15th. So far no calls. Second round going out the 20th of this monthe. Third round is going mid november.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where were you a month ago?

4. pinnaclesnow

pinnaclesnow Junior Member

I did door hangers in early september and and got a good response back already. Wont need to do another round this year. I definitely recommend getting advertising done asap! I only do estate neighbourhoods with very large driveways though. Don't know if that makes a difference.

5. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

You guys really think i'm late?? In the past, I have been using the week before/week of first frost as a rule of thumb. I just worry sometimes of advertising when the temps are 70's/80's and the leaves are just starting to drop. Maybe I should get on it.

Thanks Guys!!

6. Landgreen

Landgreen Member

I think right now is prime time. I planted yard signs at a few subdivision intersections a week ago. Getting a decent response although havent landed any yet. I'm going old school and shoving flyers in paperboxes. Never done it before but figure its a cheap targeted marketing tool. I might send out some direct mail soon as well.

7. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

I start advertising September 1st.

8. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

Starting again this weekend, Got no response last month although it was in the 70's-80's and i live in a Rural area, which probably won't help matters they rather drive over it for a month until they get stuck then they come out of the wood work.