1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residental + walkways, how much do you charge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Oct 27, 2003.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

The driveways are one push down for about 30-50 feet, and the last 20 feet (on some) needs a second push, because the driveway widens into a two car garage. There is apporximately 30-40' of sidewalk and a 10' walkway to the door. How much would you charge if you were fully insured and you did the driveways within 5 hrs of the storm ending. I am thinking 30 for under 6" and 45 for under 12"
    Also, a small car Cadillac dealership is asking for a quote. There are appoximately 50 cars and 10 extra spaces. What is a good quote for this.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Pat - This sounds like a lot of walkway shoveling for the money you are charging. Do you have a shoveler working with you when you are plowing? How long do you estimate it will take to shovel each walkway during 2", 5", 9" event.

Residential customers:

For walkways I will multiply my estimated time to shovel, for the year, by a fixed hourly rate. Then I divide that number by our avr. time out each year to get to per push $ amounts.

Can you give some more specifics on the commercial account.
    Such as approx. sf and amount of obsticals, etc.

Chuck B.

3. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Ill use a snowblower for the walkways so thinking about 2 min snowblowing per house. I have a 32" snowblower so 1 path is fine. The commercial has 2 lightposts near the street, 2 dual car entrances and is appoximately 200*250. The owner just moved to the new dealership and so he isnt completely done mowing everything to its final spot. The cars can be a problem because they will have to be moved once 1/2 the dealership is plowed.
    Then a dentist needs a quote for 200' of driveway which leads to a 40' * 30' area in the back of the building (also commercial) no obstacles

4. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Pat

I dont know what the average rate is in Woosta but you seem to be priced pretty low considering all that you are providing .
    Bill

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi Pat. I charge the following rates for residential:

Up to 25 ft. $30.00
    26-50 ft. $50.00
    51-75 ft. $75.00
    over 75 ft. $100.00
    plus I add an additional $20.00 for the walks. Customers eat it up!

6. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Pat what is your hourly rate for snowplowing? Figure out/estimate the time you think it will take to plow your commercial lots and then plug in you hourly rate.

The avr. figure used on this site for plowing an acre of pavement is around an acre an hour - give or take depending on conditions.

Chuck B.

7. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

That drive with walks would go for about $65/70 up to 5" in my market.

Mark

8. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

For 2003-2004 we are charging $75/ hour per machine for all new work we take on. Customers that we've had in the past get it for $65/ hour per machine (for reasonable sized snows, for larger ones...NO RULES, NO SET PRICING) These prices go for commercial and residential. Besides, if you have a driveway that takes you 15 min to 1/2 an hour to clear and you make $40-$50, don't complain, that evens out to $100 an hour plus you're off to your next job.............Just my $0.02

Chris
    Meadowbrook Landscaping