1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Residental loader service??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GMCHD plower, Feb 25, 2010.

1. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Have any of you offered a loader/tractor service for you resi customers? If you have post how you charged and post a pic of the equipment you used.

2. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

$75 a hour for bobcat and $75 a hour for truck to haul it away. min of 1 hour charge.

3. GMCHD plower

So minimum of $150. Do you just haul with your 1-ton?

4. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

yes we haul it with that if its res. you figure buy the time you load up a bobcat and haul it over there and unload it and unhook it from the truck you gotta charge atleast $150 even if it takes up 30 min were still have a min of $150. now if were hauling commercial ill use our 5 yarder and my buddies lead if i need it makes for alot less trips and morepayup

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

we charge from when we leave our shop (unless we have a full day of work) but we use dump trailers, so just unload the skidsteer and go. $75/hour, minimum hour charge, but it normally takes 1/2 hour just to get there, so unless it is a really small job, usually $112.5 is a minimum

6. GMCHD plower

Has anyone just been hired to push the banks back? If so what do you charge then? The same amount?

7. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

I have done that in the past with either a 1 yd. Tractor loader, a smaller tractor loader .45 cu/ft bucket or with my Torro Dingo with snowblower. I have never hauled snow away from a residental acct. even when over 7 feet fell in a 1 week period in 1999, between Christmas and New Year's Day.
    If they haven been my customer for several years over 10 years I charge them minimum charge of $60.00 to $75.00 to push back piles for 30 minutes max. most of the time it takes me about 10 minutes with the 1 yd loader to do it. If it takes over 30 minutes I double the rate.
    For a newer customer or a cold call The minimum charge is $150.00 for 1 hour or less.

8. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Just spent the day with a sub, pounding banks back with a 580 case backhoe. He charged me $xx/hour, I will mark it up to my customers to cover the time I spent overseeing the job and cleaning up with the plow. I took my wing truck along as well, and benched the long runs, so all he had to do was clean up entrances and parking spots. Now I have room to stack the next storm if we get one.

Some years I have rented a loader and done the job myself, but this was more of an emergency situation, and this guy doesn't have snow customers of his own, so I was able to get him an short notice. The outfit I normally rent from had their phone ringing off the hook for the last three days, and I would have gotten a really rude answer if I had asked for one of their machines.

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

When we get hit with a storm like we got this week,yes to using my 410G TLB for plowing,backing up piles,moving windrows over,etc. I get $140 hr. with a 4 hr. minimum.

10. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't charge less than $100.00/Hr. Everything about every kind of loader is expensive, you need to cover future repair and initial expense costs.