1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Resi driveway question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowpusher tim, Dec 13, 2011.

1. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

Hey guys I have a question about residential driveways. I have been many calls and emails from potential clients wanting info (price) on snow for their driveway. I sell everything the best I can. Shovel steps, sidewalks, in front of the garage even using snow blowers so they don't get the pile of snow that lasts until June and doesn't cause turf damage. Everything 2" trigger, unlimited snow for the season. My price is $125/ month. That is a little high for the area, but a driveway here goes for $25 - $35 a pop. So it would not take to many snows to get $125. The only ones I sign up is people that agree for the entire year.

Maybe it is best if I have them for the entire year instead of just Winter. Any thoughts?
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

So they have to sign up for 12 months? or just the winter? Because if its all 12 months thats 1500 bucks a year. I would rather risk it with the 25-35 a pop IMO because at least then I might only pay 600 or less. instead of 1500 no matter what.
  3. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

No they don't have to sign up for 12 months, I prefer though.

35 per mow x 26 mowings = 910
    35 per snow x 18 average snow 630

$1,540 for 12 months / by 12 months = $128 per month for 12 months.

Add in chemical, maybe clean ups they are $150 - $175 a month.

I can get people to sign up for the 12 months but the Winter. Oh well, better off with 12 month people.
  4. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

What about if you plow/mow less times or more times? Is that just an average monthly bill? And don't forget about sales tax
  5. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Sounds like a plan #1 , engage, and book 'em dano.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Some times you might want to keep them separate ,Some places you might want to plow but not cut. I prefer to sell each season myself.
  7. DScapes

DScapes Member

I offer per service invoicing throughout the season, landscaping, mowing, snow removal ect...

But I also offer incentive discounts for seasonal packages which have worked out very well.

8 month contracts if only lawn maintenance (mowing, trimming, fert, aerating, overseeding ect.) are included
    12 month contracts if snow removal is included.

landscaping jobs are all invoiced per service, I can get away with adding in a spring/fall cleanup on the seasonal contracts if I've serviced the property in the past, because well, the leaf situation isn't changing from season to season unless trees are cut down/planted... don't forget to include walnut/acorn cleanups if necessary!

I rarely set up any winter only packages as it's just easier to do per-service for those who only get snow removal throughout the season.