1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Reseting Change Oil Indicator

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by AVERYX, Oct 31, 2003.

1. AVERYX

AVERYX Junior Member

ALL
    Morning to the site. I have a pretty simple question, and yup I checked my manual first. But I can't get that change oil message from my message center. There is only one button available and the manual is speaking about a truck with more options than I have available.... If anyone knows how to do this on a 2003 Chevy 2500HD I'd really appreciate it..

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

yup its a PITA to find in the manual. Turn the key to the on position(truck not running) and press the go pedal to the floor 3 times. It should flash oil change rest or something like that on your D.I.C.

This is if you dont have the steering wheel controlls......

3. AVERYX

AVERYX Junior Member

oil reset

Hey thanks I'm going to give this a try on my lunch break..... I appreciate the reply.......

4. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

ditto'ing ratlover.
    the manual says to "depress the gas pedal three times in five seconds". the message center will flash 'change oil' for five seconds and reset

5. AVERYX

AVERYX Junior Member

OIL RESET

QUICKER THAN GOING TO THE DEALER, THERE ARE SOME VERY SMART PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. JUST ASK A QUESTION AND YOUR SURE TO GET A REPLY. THANKSQUICKER THAN GOING TO THE DEALER, THERE ARE SOME VERY SMART PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. JUST ASK A QUESTION AND YOUR SURE TO GET A REPLY. THANKS