1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Research Information snow liquid

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by philjp, Dec 21, 2010.

1. philjp

philjp Junior Member
    from Belgium

Hello everyone,
    Here I am a Belgian farmer who is helped by a translator in order to post this so I hope you understand ...

I'd like to do snow removal for individuals and I am looking for information for the liquid product could be an alternative to salt

For here we work with salt mixed with brine

It would be the ideal product for curative and preventive work

Thank you very much ...

2. SD40T2

SD40T2 Member

Here in the states some munisipalities have been using magnesium chloride as a highway treatment however it make a slushy mess of the roads and if it gets real cold it gets real icey in a hurry. I would not use it on driveways due it being a little rough on black top I my self would stick to the salt/brine solution because i feel it works much better and leaves less of a mess. Our state DOT uses staight rock salt with a brine mix and the roads stay pretty nice. Hopes this helps