1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Res. with a ATV

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Greenwalt, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

For the past few years I have been charging just by looking at the driveway and figuring how long it will take. I want to have a better method. I was thinking along the line of $40/hr plus $15 for salt. I was thinking this is fair, b/c almost all do not take more than an hour. Does this seem reasonable?
  2. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

How about $40 per hr, 1 hour minimum charge. I'm not sure what your $15 for salt includes. Is that per bag? If it is then I think your pretty well in line with what most gys in my area get for a bag of salt.
  3. Snowman16

Snowman16 Member

Just some stuff to consider,
    I don't like by the hour because you might have trouble with people not trusting you.
    The customer may also have "sticker shock" , $40.00 an hour sounds like allot to a customer who dosn't understand your operating cost. payup Are the customers happy with what they pay now? Are you happy working for the current rate? Most customers like to know exactly what they are paying when you come.How big are the drives? Any pix?
    Let me know what you think. :waving:
  4. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I would set it up by the push or with a trigger point and by the drive.
  5. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i like per push or seasonal contracts
  6. Greenwalt

Greenwalt Member

Customers seem to be happy with the prices I tell them. I charge any where fomr $35-$65 per drive. I will post up some pics this afternoon. What would a good trigger be for residential? I was thinking 2in? Most people would not want to pay if it was anything less than that.