1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Res plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mmtwin, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

I was wondering if anyone had ideas for rates for res plowing. I've been plowing for 10 years now, but only municiple. Just moved to PA from NH. Been charging $40-$80 per push depending on the driveway size. Is this reasonable?
  2. snowservices

snowservices Junior Member

Anything could be reasonable. It depends on your area, what your expenses are and what you want to amke for a profit
  3. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

Not reasonable here but maybe there. Like Snowservices said.

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Wow! how big are the driveways you plow for $80.00? And what kind of equipment are you using? I usually start at $ 15.00; $ 20.00 for extras, and most driveways are about 300+ feet with turn around areas. Is that too cheap?
  5. snowservices

snowservices Junior Member

If your covering your expenses and happy with your profit, then your not to cheap.

Residential pricing is a balance. Make yourself reasonable to the homeowner so he can justify paying you, yet covering your plow, maintenance, insurance, gas, time etc.

I have driveways that range from $25.00 to $50.00 per push. That's competitive in my area and still allows me to make money.

STRONGARM Senior Member

That's not high, mine are almost the same, you have to make enough to make it worth your while!If you have a big group of them togrther (3 +) then you can lower it a bit(no travel time)