1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Repositioning Mount 06 F250

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MJM Landscaping, Nov 14, 2007.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

So I need to lower my mount. Right now it is at the bottom, meaning the bottom of the mount and bolt wholes are lined up. The bottom bolts from the crossmember and the bottom bolts from the mounts that go to the frame. I need to drop it down one hole. The only problem I see is that now none of the bolts that go through the crossmember to the frame brackets will line up with the brackets that run to the rear of the truck....

Wow after reading this I am kinda confused myself. I will take pictures tonight.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I was going to try to figure out what your saying, but the more i read it the more im confused :dizzy: . I should be able to help when i see the pics.

3. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Ya its confusing but here are some pics. I need to go down at least 1 hole. What do you guys think? My dealer said it would work but you know how that goes.

mount 1 circle.JPG

mount 2 circle.JPG

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I went to ACE hardware and bought some grade 8 bolts and lock nuts to do the same type of thing. So in other words, get 2 bolts and locking nuts, lower the push beam 1 hole and then use the new bolts to replace the one you have circled.

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

my dealer said i could lower it down 1 more hole like you need to do, the only thing he said was to fill up all the holes with bolts, not sure if he literally ment to fill up ever hole. he did mention that fords seem to loosen the bolts up slightly and let the cross beam move around.
    i did end up welding some plate steel onto the sides of the cross beam, basically extending the sides of the cross beam up and drilling more holes. now i have more options and more area for the weight to be spread out on.

6. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

How high is your mount? MIne is at 15 7/8 and is bolted where yours is. I run 285's and sit pretty high in the front. Maybe it has somthing to do with yours being an 05 and having the different front end.

7. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Well it sits higher cause I have a 2" lift and 35's.

My dealer was also saying that to use only grade 5 bolts and never fill all the wholes. Apparently the push beam is suppose to shear off in cause of a really big hit, thus avoiding more damage to the vehicle.

I also thoughy about making plates to extend the push beam up also.

8. 04superduty

HHHMM, thats something to think about, i did use grade 5 bolts though, cause thats what the plow came with. i have only sheared 2 bolts so far a couple of seasons ago. not sure what i hit but it probably was a curb.

9. jryden145

jryden145 Member

why dont you just leave it and adjust the plow?

10. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

You can't adjust a vee's height. The blade holds itself up.

11. Snowchief

Snowchief Member

So the plate extends above the pushbeam now?

I think the biggest force you are concerned with here is the rotational force, not the pushing force. A heavy plow on the end of a couple of feet of lever arm is an immense force, which is why they're telling you to be careful about using only the inside bolt holes. If you've extended the pushbeam side plates I think you're pretty much all set, basically it's all the same as long as there's two empty holes between your bolted holes.

Does that make sense how I wrote it? The pushbeam front wants to rotate down because of the plow, so if the bolts are close together there's WAY more force on them.

12. jryden145

jryden145 Member

Yes you can adjust the vees height. There is a bolt that holds a rubber wedge type deal that goes between where the blade halves come together and the a frame. you need to loosen the bolt and pull the rubber wedge out a bit and it will raise the mount on the plow.

J

13. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

did that, it doesnt adjust that much. You can get more out of tightening the trip springs. My problem was I couldn't hook up the plow unless jacking it up to the truck.

14. foxsuperduty

foxsuperduty Junior Member
    from mn

MJM i have an 03 with a 3" lift 35's and an 8'2'' v plow, just curious if you found an easier way to hook up to the plow, without a jack?

15. 04superduty

thats what i did, i extended the side plates of the push beam up, so now the bolts are spread out more instead of close together. like you said a plow had alot of leverage since it is out 3 ft from your truck, then you go into scoop mode and that throws the weight even further out.