1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Repositioning Fisher Joystick

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Tomas090, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Finally picked up that GMC and would you believe my biggest aggravation is position of plow control

It is mounted just to left of turn signal on dash and when depressing clutch you end up raking your shin over bottom of control

I'm not familiar if this plate (Joystick) is simply mounted through foam of dash or is there some metal back there?

what I would like to do is move it upward about 2" and to the right about same. Will this cause problems with cables?

Another "problem" which I hope really isn't: a very slight, almost imperceptible smell of "clutch when I drove it 40 miles home, seller did say clutch had only 500 miles since install. is it common to get a smell for a few miles. I couldn't make clutch slip, hard starts, too high of gear under load etc

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Move it over more to the left. . You'll be able to raise the plow and shift at the same time. Just bump the gas peddle to make it go up faster.