Snow Plowing Forum banner

Report on Arctic Sectional snowpushers

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  DellDoug 
#1 ·
As some of you might be aware we purchased four new Arctic sectional snow pushers this fall. Our fleet has been outfitted with Horst and Avalanche equipment previously and we decided to try the Arctic product beside those in a direct comparison.

First impressions are that the Arctic's do clean better then the Horst and much better then the Avalanche. Their claims of a better surface are true. They are lighter then both the Horst and Avalanche in weight but we had wet and heavy snow and they stood up to it just as well as their competitors. No loose bolts. No broken parts. We were very happy with their strength.

The operators referred to them as the "Cadilliac" of snow pushers and found them very easy to use and work with. In the uneven pavement grades they floated and cleaned as advertised saving time and money on salt.

We are very pleased with Arctic to this point. The first impressions are impressive!! If they are as durable as Arctic claims (we will soon know as winter progresses) We will certainly be purchasing allot more of their product.

#10 ·
we also have many arctics....payloader to backhoe styles. After a few years and several hundred hours on them we are having some issues. The trip edge will not reset after being tripped, something about the spring loosing tension. After visiting with them at SIMA convention and being reassured that a kit is in the works.....we are still waiting.

#11 ·
JD Dave;901202 said:
I'm sitting in the salt truck and the only country station we have is gone now.:crying:
:laughing: i just think its funny that one video you had carrie underwood in the background and the next you have outkast...quite the combo. maybe the next one should split the two and have Queen or ACDC lol

#13 ·
Just gettin done with catching up with sleep and paperwork. This is my first year with the arctic and boy what a nice piece of equipment to have. I'm glad I spent the extra $ and got the arctic instead of the protech. scrapes down to tar like advertised. trips over catch basins as advertised (I'm doing a 6 acre truck stop and have many of those around as well at the filler necks for the ground gas tanks) they're not as "ridgid" as a true box pusher so it takes alittle to get used to but once you've got it figured out its night and day. That said I did have to retightend to fork adaptor "poles" to the pusher because of some overzelous stacking but besides that I'm very pleased with mine and will be adding a 8-10 footer to the skid steer next year!

#16 ·
Well it is year two for these pushers. We have ordered a couple of new ones for a new loader and two new skid steers. So far we are happy with the Arctic products but we will keep three or four Horsts in the Yard for backup. This is not uncommon for us as we always keep a few spare pushers around incase of emergency (Used to have two Avalanch's at the ready but we sold them). Gino from Avalanch called last week and is going to stop by and show us what is new. If there is anything interesting I will post here and tell you guys about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.