1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing tow hooks on GM trucks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Frozen001, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Has anyone reinstalled their two hooks after installing their plow mounts. I have been looking at my GMC and it seems like they could be replaced. My western mount only has a some sort of steel C where the tow hooks used to be. Looks like all I would have to do is remove the bolts ad replace them with a longer high grade bolt to go through all of the metal up there.. Any thoughts??

2. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

when we installed my plow on my 95 tahoe we did not have to remove them. the mount fit without having to mess with them at all. you should be able to just install them. good luck

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

The tow hooks on the 2500HD ar much different than the hooks on the 1/2 ton trucks... The only reason I am asking is because if the could have been left than why would western have you remove them and replace them with the piece of steel????