1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing thermostat in jeep

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vandora Lawn & Landscape, Jan 3, 2001.

1. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape Junior Member

My friend just replaced the thermostat in his 95 jeep wrangle w/ 4 cyl. When he put things back together the voltmeter in the jeep reads 15 v instead of the 14 v it used to. Is this anything to worry about?
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't sound like it's related, but double check all your electrical connections around the area you were working. Make sure nothing got unplugged, or partially unplugged. Also check the battery terminals for corrosion, or loose connections.

Good Luck!

FIREMAN Member

check alternator belt tension....
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

a 95 wrangler has an automatic tensioner,being to tight wouldnt affect voltage anyway.I notice all my trucks,the voltmeter reads higher when the engines cold,then as it warms up they come down to 14 volts,but for a few minutes the meter will read 15+