1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing the trip edge.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Woodland, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I need to replace the trip edge on my Diamond plow (trip edge, not the cutting edge). Before I get started taking it apart, does anyone know if the springs are under tension? It looks like everything is pretty simple to take apart but I'm worried about gettting it back together if the spings are under tension.

2. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

The answer would be no, or just barely. At least thats what should be happening. Unless the spring coils are expanded I wouldnt say its under a lot of tension but you will have to remove them to replace the trip edge, no?

Either way, you should be able to remove any tension on the springs with a few turns of the wrench.

3. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Thats what I figured but I didn't want to get the whole thing apart and not be able to put it back together, that always makes for an embarassing trip to the repair shop!