1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing the strap with a chain help....????

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by Tirioloservices, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

hi i want to replace the strap with a chain... what size chain and how do i set that up???
    and any help on replacemtn winches???? which ones and how to hoo up a regualar winch so the controls are in the cab?

2. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

The new replacement winches from Snowbear (Grey in colour) do not take the old style collar to attach a chain to the drum. Snowbear previously used a Superwinch 1102D that would take a collar the chain could be attached to. Your warranty would be void with Snowbear if you alter the winch or open it up in any way. Also the winches sold for the Snowbear plows are geared to do the job of working the plow blade other winches burn out quickly with this repetative job.
    Thanks

Emmerich

3. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

how much for a replacement strap?????

4. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

The straps are on my site snowplowsonline,com and are 41.99 for 2 straps and that includes shipping.

Thanks

Emmerich

5. FBNemo

FBNemo Junior Member

It appears an old style collar to attach a chain to the drum could be made. It clamps around the drum as shown.
    [​IMG]

Closeup of collar.
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps...

6. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Hi

The collar and chain shown in this picturecan be used on the Superwinch 1102D but not on the new winch snowbear is now using.

Thanks

Emmerich

7. oceanview199

oceanview199 Junior Member

The new winch is not waterproof & do not last very long as they are a much cheaper winch. They did send me a new winch but they do NOT stand up to the usage. Superwinch is the way to go.