1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing the plow???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by macplee, Mar 2, 2009.

1. macplee

macplee Junior Member
    from Boston

I have a 8' Fisher MMI plow on my Dodge Ram. What will I have to replace if I want to replace it with a MMII / newer model?

2. Brookside

Brookside Member

The push-bars on the truck should be the same, no need to replace. The wiring harness is probably different. My MM1 has two electrical connectors, my MM2 has three.
  3. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

it all depends on which pump and harness you have. i just put a mm2 in place of my mm1 and it all worked fine, i do have the 3 plug harness. mine was a later mm2. the frame mount has not changed
  4. macplee

macplee Junior Member
    from Boston

My MMI has a 4 port harness. I know the MMII uses a 3 port harness, is there a conversion kit out there so I don't have to replace the isolator CPU and wires?
  5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

It doest matter how many wires are going to the computer, it jsut matters how many are coming out of the truck. If you only have two wires in the grill, you need to replace it. If there are three, your all set
  6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If the new one has 3 plugs then your good to go otherwise just take the headlights and controll harness off the old plow and put them on the new plow, thats all you need to do.
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I can't argue that, but I can add there is a 9 pin and a 12 pin 2 plug system which are wired differently- do they still work interchangeably?

Some MM2's were 2 plug, some were 3 plug, I believe all SEHP systems were 2 plug tho.
    I've wondered the same thing for mine..