1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing sheet metal on Meyers 7.5?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by turfquip, Dec 2, 2009.

1. turfquip

turfquip PlowSite.com Veteran

Hi Everyone,

Is there anywhere I can buy just the steel moldboard for a Meyer 7.5?

Could a machine shop manufacture one at a reasonable cost?

My 14 year old plow has several large holes.

Is it worth the effort to 'skin' one out? The frame is OK, and the E-47 has basically had everything replaced during the last two seasons.

What to do...what to do...

:help:

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I just did a mold board replacement last weekend on a ST 7.5, took about 3.5 hours to trim off the old one and weld the new one on.

Local fabrication shop qouted me $200 to "bump" bent the moldboard including the steel. I purchased a 4x8 sheet of 11 gauge HRS for a little over $100 and a freind bump bent it at his place of work for a couple of coffee's and a dozen donuts for the guys. The only issue was he had to bend two peices, his brake was only 6' long. He made it in two pieces and put the seam behind one of the back braces.He used a piece of band iron to back up the joint and mig welded the face and stich welded the back side band iron. It fit like a dream, and made the plow like new again.

3. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

4. Diemaker

Diemaker Junior Member