1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing my angle cylinders , best brand ?, place to shop??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RL1, Nov 14, 2009.

1. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Hey there,

Ive been getting my 8ft MM1 SEHP ready for the winter and need to replace the angle cylinders. They are 12 x 1.5 - NTPF. Buyers and SAM cylinders seem to be the most common and some sites dont list a brand at all .Ive searched Central parts Warehouse, Mill supply, Angelo's, Northern , Ebay, kaffenbarger , etc.

The ram's are totally rust and pit free so I was going to rebuild them initially. One of the clevis pins was seized in the base of one of the cylinders so I had to cut it out. 4 days of Deep creep, heat, 5lb sledge and large drift wouldn't budge the left over slug in the hole so I'm just going to replace them. last year I replaced the pump, motor, 3 cartridge valves, 3 coils, and the poppet check valve and spool assembly.

I began this Year by wanting to tighten up the slop in the blade so I dissembled the plow and welded 1" washers over the oblonged worn clevis pin holes. Since I've gone through 90% of the setup I mine as well buy new angle cylinders too.

So long story here for a short question :D what cylinders do you prefer and where do you prefer to buy them?

Your help is greatly appreciated

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a Fisher dealer nearby?

3. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Yes, big supplier too, Dejana equipment...they want $204 each. Way over priced.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Ouch! They guys at ESI Trucks are good. They sell Western, should have a cylinder for you. They have a logo/link at the top of the page.

5. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

What state are you in?

6. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

They are pricing the wrong cylinder,thats the price of a 56603 O-Ring(new style) cylinder.You need a 20117K NPTF cylinder,under $100 each.

7. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

I will check them out, thanks

Rhode Island

Thaats what I figured, though the new style is a 16 x 2 right? I told him it was 12 x 1.5 and had a nptf fitting. He confirmed when he looked at the fisher parts list.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Arc's right.....I only paid $89 per for mine last year. I had the same plow as you, use that part number 20117K to shop around.

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The new ones are still 1.5 x 12 but they are low friction and $100 more than the NPTF,go back with that part # i gave you.

10. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

I will, thanks for the help :)

11. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

another guy from ri here:nod:

12. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

No kidding, small world - not to mention the smallest state :D From N.P.

Also have a PSD, OBS 96 though. Looking for a TS chip, a used down pipe and an IC set up if you know anyone localy that has some used parts they are looking to get rid of. :)

13. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

what configuration? reg cab? me and my buddy are in cranston he has a 97 reg cab with a ts chip. i dont know of anyone with that stuff forsale right now, check powerstroke.org or powerstrokenation.com

14. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Reg cab, with a straight pipe and an out dated super chip. Looking to get a newer truck sometime in the near future, 04 -05 maybe. I use it more than I thought i would and the ride is horrendous especially with bags in the front ----->:dizzy: lol

Though, I cant complain, it's a tough s.o.b. - although I'm also sick of my 3 friends with their Duramax's blinding me with pitch black smoke because im always behind :mad: unless im in my car :D

I do browse powerstroke.org, one guy in particular helped me a ton last year while trying to hunt down a major problem. In the end after replacing a bunch of stuff it ended up being the CPS :realmad: The truck ran and the tach worked also, after everyone swears neither would - not true at all lol

15. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Electrical problems always blow. Post some pics up sounds like you got yourself a nice truck tho. I'm 18 so most of my friends are still into fourwheeling there jeeps or driving ricers so I'm pretty much the only one with a diesel besides my buddy with the obs. I just snagged a ez v for my truck from new hampshire friday night for 500 with the controller, should make this winter a little more fun