1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing moldboard

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Capt. Fred, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Capt. Fred

Capt. Fred Member

After 18 seasons my 2000 is ready for retirement, the guts of the plow are still ok but want to replace with new moldboard, any reason why I can't use the trip edge straight blade 8 footer? Mounting bolts should all be the same I think and if I need to replace push frame also to simplify I will, it is a bit bent anyway.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Just go on the web site and research the parts. Ser what is interchangeable. Call Angelo he should no.

3. Capt. Fred

Capt. Fred Member

Website is weak, can't tell much other than to try and visualize, we confirmed with Angelo at beginning of season the moldboard trip will work just need to modify the springs since there are now 4 on angles but not sure on trip edge, guessing on pictures it will not but maybe someone on here new for sure, and as you know Angelo is a wealth of info and a tremendous help but can be difficult to reach by phone, not his fault as he gets pulled in every direction, we emailed Curtis a week ago and still have not heard back. My local dealer has had trouble catching up with them also. Curtis hasn't changed much over the years so we know the boards will work but would be nice to have the trip edge now that it's available but don't need to replace all the rest, I've had 3 of them and they always get the job done with some tlc when needed

4. Randall Ave

You have the old original series plow. I took a quick look, I do not see how it is going to work. But if you can weld/fabricate anything is possible. It is not going to just bolt up. The regular straight blade will, but not the trip edge by the pictures.

5. Capt. Fred

Capt. Fred Member

Yea the trip is a whole other animal but the straight will go right on it guess that's my route still haven't heard from Curtis on email by the way

6. Randall Ave

If your getting a new board, and the plows that old check the trip frame. I will bet it is bent and cracked. I would just get a new one with the board. If you want to talk to Angelo give him a call. He got back to me same day this week. He did say they are very busy up there.

7. Capt. Fred

Capt. Fred Member

It may very we'll come to that assuming you can still get a 2000 mounting frame which I prefer over the quick attach, it's way stronger, the push frame is bent but no cracks anywhere and I would replace that for sure with the board just want to see all options before making any decisions. I'll let Angelo settle down a bit and spend some time in it this summer figuring out how to go about it Appreciate your interest in the project, may try trip edge all new except frame on truck if I can get that set up but again doubt the 2000 series is available with trip edge