1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing Jeep Cherokee Hood Latches?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Simbuck, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Simbuck

Simbuck Junior Member

Good afternoon!

Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to change the hood latches on my '91 Cherokee?

I've broken a number of cable releases over the last few years and have been leaving the hood unlatched (since I don't drive off my property with the Jeep and don't want to break this cable if I should lock down the hood.

I had the latches on my '95 replaced a few years ago by my ervice station and it works like new...I'd like to do the same with the '91 myself if it's not difficult.

Bruce

2. Simbuck

Simbuck Junior Member

Just to be clear, I'm not referencing the main latch in the center of the hood, I meant to describe the latches on both side of the hood that are connected by a rod and springs, and activated by pulling the hood release cable in the truck.

Bruce