1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacing hydraulic reservoir

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mulcahy mowing, Nov 28, 2010.

1. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Have you ever had the reservoir under the pump on your fisher rust out? mine is shot so im replacing it but its so rusted on I cant get it free. :realmad: I've hit it with every penatrating oil I can buy but still nothing, no luck at all. Any mechanics out there with any advise? im thinking about just replacing the whole unit :eek: anyone know how much the pumps sell for at the dealer?

thanks,
    -james

2. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Were you able to get the four screws out? If you were try using a mallot to rock the res side to side. Worst case use a screw driver between the res and the valve body.

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

No the four screws are rusted on can't back them out

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You gotta lose the screws first,I have used heat in the past but be VERY carefull because the manifold is aluminum,it doesn't take much anyways because the screws are so small,you really don't want to buy the whole unit as it's up in the $1k range

5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

That why I keep every thing lubed constantly... And.I mean every thing that can rust ...

Dose not take much to spray things down occasionally...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010