1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacing headlight assembly

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bigcat99, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Need to replace my LH headlight assembly on one of my 04 Silverados, as buffing/sanding/polishing the lense doesnt get rid of the yellowing/hazing. See aftermarket units on EBay for as little as $35 shipped... and would love feedback from members who have experience with going this route, as in bad or nonexistent seals, any names of decent aftermarket brands, etc.

Do not want to go to the dealer for OEM prices, as plans are to replace this vehicle with a new one within a year.

thanks in advance!:drinkup:

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

You get what you pay for. Last cheap set I bought, I also bought a tube of clear silicone and ran a bead all around the seam. Worked well actually. The seal is the worst part about the cheapo ones. Go for it if you're replacing the truck soon anyway. Heck, for the price, you could buy another one before you sell it and still be $$ ahead over an OEM one.