1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing Grill Plugs?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by exmark1, Oct 20, 2007.

1. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Is it possible to replace the plug ends on both the truck and plow harnesses? After corroision etc... I am having issues with my 4 year old 8' straight blade!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thoes little pins are a pain.:realmad:
    I used trailer plugs in a pinch and there still on her.lol
    Then start to use fluid film and your corrosion problems will be over.
    I did.;)

3. topdj

topdj Senior Member

Permatex Dielectric Grease, Id have never had my plugs corrode since I started using it.

Permatex Dielectric Grease is a silicone dielectric compound used to insulate, lubricate and protect electrical fittings. It protects against salt, dirt, moisture intrusion and stray current in electrical connections

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I was afraid of when I looked at it those pins looked annoying to say the least

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It does do all that.
    We use to use it too.
    Haven't sence FF
    But it (Dielectric grease) also gets real thick when it gets cold so it can be a pain to get the little pins all the way in.

Whatever works for you...jmo..

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bad egg

those pesky plug's they make repair plug stub harnesses for most plow's .id love to find hd military style screw together plug , i saw them year's ago something like that used buy meyer's on an old 6'6" plow they made .

7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

whether or not you use fluid film or some type of cold weather dielectric grease, it is important to use it before the corrosion begins

8. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

You might try a connector set from a trailer? Problem might be finding a connector with enough pinouts on it. It would be very robust however. Some of them have a 7pin round and then also the 4 pin flat. Just a thought.