1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing grill connectors on a unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by amscontr, Nov 30, 2008.

1. amscontr

amscontr Junior Member

We're getting ready to change the 9 pin connectors and a couple quick questions on splicing the wires. Our plan is to solder the wires and heat shrink them individually any other suggestions to prevent exposure, corrosion etc.?

Also we'll be hooking the plow up for the first time this year any P.M. tips,we only used it 3 times last year.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Thats what I have done, one that is a little easier is the heat shrink butt connectors. If you use those have a tube of rtv handy because if you puncture the shrink part you will want to put a dab of rtv over it.
  3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

thay make special heat shrink butt conector crimpers so that you dont pinch threw it.
  4. GreenKingL&L

GreenKingL&L Member

I am assuming that you are going to be using the western repair harness for this?? if so, its going to come straight from western with heatshrink butt connectors already on the wiring
  5. amscontr

amscontr Junior Member

Yeah I wasn't sure if they were heat shrink connectors or not thanks for the info.
    We hooked it up yesterday and nothing works,the motor turns that's about it so it's going to be a hairpulling ordeal.
  6. sheltonct

sheltonct Junior Member

what is the part # for these?
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Didn't say whether you have a 9 or 12 pin harness...

9-pin repair plug
    Truck side: 49308
    Plow side: 49317

12-pin repair plug
    Truck side: 49310
    Plow side: 49319
  8. sheltonct

sheltonct Junior Member

its the 9 pin - thanks,

as i posted in another thread, it will cost my roughly 85$ to fix