1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing fuel sending unit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mrcrowley, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

I own a 2001 chevy silverado K3500 dump vehicle with two tanks ,No switch it is automatic . Recently I was hooking up my flat bed trailer and looked at the gas guage and noticed it was 1/4 of gas (said to self I need to get gas) well finished hooking up trailer got back in truck about 10 minites later and noticed low fuel light on and fuel gauge reading below empty. So needless to say I drove to gas station put in 6 gallons in one tank noticed no change then 6 gallons in second tank and still nothing . So I drove home and the next day I filled tanks and the guage still read empty with low fuel light in the message screen. Well I read up on the problem and many mentioned the fuel sending unit. That leaves me with this question:
    1) Which fuel sending unit is it there are two tanks?
    2) Are there two sending units or just one?
    3) HOW do I test to see which unit is bad?
    4) Where do I get that part?

2. Mrcrowley

Mrcrowley Junior Member

Problem solved ...

Loose connection somewhere reset computer and it is fine..