1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing front wheel bearings on 05 250 4x2

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ppandr, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Having done all my own replacements on my 4x4's, I've never done them on this truck (and any other 4x2 since never owned a 2wd till now). The out bearing comes right out, but is the inner bearing pressed in place or have a retaining clip/etc. I quickly pulled apart today before I left my shop just to see what was what. Bearings are being dropped tomorrow am. I can all kinds of info on 4x4's but not 4x2's.
    Thanks in advance
  2. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

All 2wd I've done are pressed. Clean the hub and make sure to measure how far in the bearing is pressed. Ussually just a hair past the seal depth. Usually the hub will have a nice clean ridge when you remove the bearing showing the depth, just make sure before you knock out the old one you get a measurement. Just my experience, hope this helps, Matt