1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing extreme v center pin

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Dec 1, 2011.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Are there any tricks to replacing the center pin on these plows? I'll check Fisher literature and see what they recommend. Thanks, Nick.

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

When I replaced one of mine I had to cut the old one in 3 places to get it out as it was bent ... not a bid deal. took alittle less then an hour to complete

3. oldmankent

So, do you lay the plow down,or do it with everything upright? Do I need to disassemble it to replace the pin?

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

No need to lay it down. I did mine hooked up to the truck just in case I needed to raise it

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A worn or bent center pin on an XV? Unheard of....

6. oldmankent

We'll find out

7. oldmankent

Here it is. Changing it was really easy. My driver side wing was loose and is still loose with the new pin. I'll just keep my eye on it. Passenger side wing is tight though. Had some Evinrude Triple Guard Grease that I put on the pin. I'll probably do it again mid season.

Bent pin.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The grease will help. It's too bad the engineers didn't provide for easily greasing the pin.

The DS wing will be loose until it is replace.

9. oldmankent

When can you tell that it is bad enough to replace?

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on who's paying lol.

With the blade straight/square, pick it up a couple inches. Grab the ends and move them up and down. How much do they move?

11. oldmankent

The end itself? Maybe 1/2". I can see it wears at the bottom of the hinge

12. oldmankent

It's not moving 1/2" at the hinge but there is play. Will the wing start rubbing other parts of the plow if it gets too loose

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

1/2 inch at the end is nothing. When it gets to a couple inches, time to address it. You might consider checking it every couple of storms and track it. Would be interesting to see.