1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacing cutting edges on 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bison1973, Dec 6, 2007.

1. bison1973

bison1973 Member

Do you always replace all cutting edges at once? My center one is bad but the wing cutting edges still have some life. What do you do?

Tim

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Wouldn't your plow edges then look like this?

---________---

If you are just going to replace the center, use the old center edge to buildup (or down as the case may be) as a weld on application

3. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

I would suggest replaceing all 3 cutting edges.
    Not worth the hassle to try and build up. Oh,and your probably gonna have to heat up the old nuts with a torch to get em off.
    Good luck.tymusic

4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I just changed the edges on my 810. There is no way to change just the center by its self. My main edge was worn down to 4 inches on the left side and about 4.5 inches on the right.Wings even more. If I was to replace the center and not the wings, the wing edges would be 2 inches off the ground. My blades is 2.5 years old and the bolts came off easy with a 1/2 inch impact gun.

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Your going to have to change all three at once. If you don't you'll leave snow behind( defeating the purpose of a blizzard). I put the heavy duty wings on when I replaced my edges. 1/4" wings just wear too fast on curbs. I had to cut my old bolts off but thats just my luck!!!

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Do all three at once.