1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing center pivot bolt on Western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JohnnyU, Oct 28, 2003.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I went to replace the center pivot bolt on my Western Pro 7.5' today, and I found that there are two nylock nuts on the bolt. One on top, I got that one off no problem, but there was another one that was further down, I couldn't get my wrench due to the tight spaces next to the springs and pivot brace.

Anyone have any tips for removing the nut? :confused: I just couldnt find any of my wrenches that had a bend like that to clear the brace bar, I can't beleive that I can rebuild an engine, but I cant get the pivot bolt out. The old conventional style blades weren't like this, this is the first time i've [attempted] to replace the bolt on my pro plow.

:help:

2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I use a Snap-on angle head wrench. They are used for hydraulic fittings. That big of a wrench,1 1/2" if I remember correct will not be cheap.

3. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

good old flame wrench fit in there?

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I burned mine out with the plasma torch.
    Mark K

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I gotta agree the flame wrench will solve the problem

hotflamepropane.jpg

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You went out and took that picture jut for me, didn't you Nate?:D

Thanks for the help guys!

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

yup and I even inserted a #6 tip for a bigger "hot" flame [​IMG]