1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing blade only on western plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by guntruck, Nov 4, 2006.

1. guntruck

guntruck Member

I have a 7'6" Western plow thats not in the best shape, blade only. The rest is in very nice shape, my concern is the some metal layers have rusted away from the back making it thinner than designed to be in some places. Im sure I could blast it prime and paint but maybe I should look into replacement? I just cant seem to find anyone who sells the "blade only" any suggestions? Or is it even possible to get?

2. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

Check on the internet. You can also try some after market supplies; Mill Supply and Angelo's Supplies are just two of the many.

Depending on how much plowing you are doing and how bad of shape the pliw is it, you might be better off just cleaning this one up for a year or two and then look to replace the whole set up.

Just my 2 cents
  3. guntruck

guntruck Member

Thank you, the more I look at it I think you may be right, I may just clean her up for the next couple and replace the set up then. Thanks