1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacing a wheel stud on my 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 00bluegtp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. 00bluegtp

00bluegtp Member

I need to replace one of my wheel studs on one of the rear wheels and just wondering if anyone can tell me how this is done. I have replaced these before on my car but never on a truck this big. Anything special or do i just hammer it out the back and install the new one?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Studs haven't changed, still pressed in

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

When I snapped a wheel stud on my 2002 Nissan Altima it was a breeze to replace it. Pull the wheel, bang out the snapped bit of stud and the new one I was able to press in by just tightening the lug nuts.

Got a wheel bearing for my truck last fall and it came without studs pressed in, so I bought a set and spent alot of wasted time trying to get those things in...damn near impossible with home tools to do it...though to be fair, I was trying to do all 8 and it was off the truck, might be vastly more simple when its just one and its already on the truck.

4. 70monte

70monte Senior Member