1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing a clutch on a Air Flow v box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bossman 92, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

The clutch decided to take a chit this morning on one of our Air Flows and I am not sure if I wanna piss with changing it out or take it to a shop. Soooo...how bad is it to change? We have torches and all the necessary tools just not sure as we have never had to change one out.

2. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Its similar to changing a pto clutch on a scag or exmark with the exception of it probably being rusted on the shaft. Take the chain and sprocket off and I think a set screw or 2 to the shaft. If its rusted a torch or die grinder with cut off wheel is a must.

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't sound too bad. Done a mower clutch a few times, with the exception of no room to work and being upside down they're not bad. And I am sure it's rusted to the shaft. Thanks

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

One that we had done was pretty bad, we had to torch it apart to get down to the bearing then cut the bearing off the shaft with a die grinder. The good thing is its right at a good working height. Its hard to tell someone if its easy or not without knowing what their ability is, some people have a hard time just putting air in their tires.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016