1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement wipers 2008 silverado $$$$!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lawn king, Jan 1, 2010.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

$44.00 for a new set of bosh wiper blades for an 08! However, we have a big storm landing here early tomorrow & brand new blades rock!
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Must be those fancy ones without the metal frame on them. I thought about a set of those for my truck, but I just cant bring my self to spend that on wipers. Although I have heard they do an excellent job and dont freeze up much
  3. RSheaLand

RSheaLand Member

They are well worth it, I have started to switch my trucks over to them
  4. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

I got a set of those fancy rain-x ones....Lasted a week before the end cap busted off. 42 bucks down the drain. Went back to the bosch ICONS......Into almost 100 bucks in wipers in less then two weeks!
  5. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

No they are nothing special. Rain-x are the only ones i could find for my truck too 21.00 a pc. The oem fell apart fast, and scratched my window all up.
  6. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

If there the latidtude ones like I got becareful is you bounce them off the windshield to help clear them during a storm? I don't know if that loosened them or it it was a bad design but it fell off and allowed for the rubber to slide right out. Theres kinda bulky for a no frame wiper too
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just put bosch icon's on my 98 before the last storm. I thought $40 was a lot for wipers. I'm very impressed with them though and they are well worth the money so far. Have to see how long they last though.
  8. Thermos017

Thermos017 Member

they are worth every penny. i don't know for sure if they were icons, but the bosch blades without the frame. i put them on before 08-09 winter and they still work fine. i run a cotton ball with alcohol down them every couple months to clean them up and still no chatter. they deffinately don't freeze up as fast as the others. i'm switching all my personal rigs over too.
  9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I have the latitude 2 years now no problem ...They work great ..
    But I did lube up all the pins before I installed ... Like I do with most installed things sure does make life easy..
    I don't know what you guys are doing that you are having problems ...
    That's why Bosh are so expensive there for no Brainers....
  10. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Why don't you go online to the bosch website and get the mailin rebate for 22 dollars back?????
  11. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Your wasting your money buying those "brand X" replacement blades for the
    GMT-900. They will be iced up and useless after a few hours of lake effect
    snow and a few hours out pushin' snow not to mention most of these "beam blade"
    replacements flex/twist and scratch up your windsheild.
    The GMT-900s use a pinch mount blade and yes they are hard to find!

Anyhoo.............NAPA sells the PINCH MOUNT rubber covered "winter blades"
    used on the gmt-900s (along with the summer ones too)
    Napa PN 60-2257-13 at $16 bucks each
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  12. Thermos017

Thermos017 Member

i was unaware they had one... must be time to finnish the rest of my personal rigs... might even have to talk to the boss man about puttin em on the rest of the work vans

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'm partial to my winter blades. Every fall I buy a new pair for my truck and run them thru the summer then when fall hits right around novemberish I get new ones.