1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Truck and Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by redneck farmer, Mar 9, 2013.

1. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Finally had a chance to grab a couple of picture of the new truck and new plow. The truck is a 2009 F-350 with the 6.4 powerstroke, the plow is a fisher extreme-V 8'6". Yes I know the 8.6 is tight when fully angled and I am still getting used to it. I do mostly residentials and the truck is big enough so I didn't really want the 9.6 V, but we will see how it goes. The truck is getting heavier front springs this year to lift the front and maybe a set of timbrens.Driving the dually in the snow is a new experience even with some weight in the back, the next set of tires will be much more aggressive as well.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If that truck has the stock rugged trails or whatever bs they were using at the time for tires that's 99% of your problem right there.

Most every truck I've driven with those tires weather it's a srw or a dually has been as useless as tits on a bull if your driving on anything but perfectly dry asphalt or concrete.
  3. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Slap some OEM wings on the blade.
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

beatutiful looking setup
  5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice setup, congrats! How do you like the dually other then the bad tires?
  6. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Are those cooper zeon ltz tires on the ram?
  7. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I'm confused now.
  8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

For some reason a pic of a blue Ram with a Boss-V was put in this thread and now it's gone :confused:
  9. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Actually, wings over a 9'6'' is a good idea. So if you need the smaller width of the 8'6'' you can just take the wings off
  10. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Yes the tires are the stock BF tire, the tread while good on the road suck in the snow.
    I like the dually so far except for the tires, anyone else out there feel their dually rearend dance back and forth going down a straight road or is it just me with these tires?
  11. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Im also confused...

I agree the rugged trail TA are the absolute worst in the snow, i cannot wait until mine wear out, i may replace them sooner cause theyre so bad.