1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

replacement tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sven1277, Nov 4, 2011.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Looking at upgrading to a Saltdogg from a pro flo 2 on a mason dump. I really like the idea of this type of spreader. Looking for some feedback from people using this type of setup. thx

2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I also have a local DownEaster and Truck Craft dealer, though Truck Craft as very pricey.

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I really like my swenson. Great purchase.

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

My truckCraft never gave me a problem! Just replaced the spinner motor once.
    After having it for 7 years i just sold it this year for 3/4 of the price i paid for it.
    Nothng really goes wrong with them since they are all electric and stainless steel.

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine just bought one. He is storing it at my shop and I have looked it over. Dont get me wrong I love Buyers but not impressed at all. I have a SP2400 and I hate it but I still would choose it over the Dogg. Oh I have a picture.

6. Mike S

here is the pic. I would choose swenson. I can get you some more pics if you want.

111010_125344.jpg

7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I am leaning towards the truck craft depending on price. It weighs less than 200 lbs which is more in line with what I would expect. The others are listed at roughly 400 lbs. Looks like a good unit and available from my regular equipment dealer.

8. Mike S

Good choice a friend of mine had one and he loved it and got a bunch of years of use out of it.