1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement tailgate salter/ reply

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Rich Graz, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Rich Graz

Rich Graz Senior Member

So I just bought and had installed a Snow EX replacement tailgate salter for my new 2011 F-350 mason dump with a western wideout and i'm hoping I do not regret it. After speaking to a friend in the business he has had nothing but problems with tailgate replacement salters because he said with your product/my bed being exposed to all the elements, will bulk up the salt. My buddy told me last year that he had to have a laborer breaking salt up just to spread it, I'm hopping this is due to him having a ****** salter or being a dummy and leaving salt in the bed for several days. please inform

I hope I didn't make a 5k dollar mistake. Please tell me experiences if you have a similar salter or know a friend that did.

Rich