1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Shocks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JohnnyU, Dec 6, 2010.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What are you guys running for replacement shocks? I have a set of "Procomp" whitebody shocks and one is starting to leak. I'd like to replace it, but want to stay away from the shitebody shocks (Skyjacker, Procomp, Rancho, Heckethorn, etc).

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Everybody on the Dodge boards like Bilsteins for some reason. I bought 'em but I have so much spring I can't evaluate them properly.
  3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That's my fear as well. I'm actually tempted to go with a Monroe shock. Limited lifetime warranty is fairly attractive...
  4. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I have Bilsteins on 2 Dodge diesel trucks and they are good shocks and have KYB monomax on the other Dodge diesel and they are also good shocks(these replaced procomp) I would recommend both of these brands.
  5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Get the monroe's with the lifetime warranty. Like you said, if you have a heavy spring rate you won't feel the big difference from the bilsteins. Plus you can replace them for free everytime they fail.
  6. slave2lawns

slave2lawns Member

Good point.