1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Poly Sno-way blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mrfairlane, Dec 4, 2010.

1. mrfairlane

mrfairlane Junior Member

What's involved in replacing a polycarb Snow-way blade? Are these just a flat sheet of poly that can be purchased from a plastics vendor, or is it a custom curved piece that must be purchased from Sno-way? If it's a flat piece do you have any tricks for installation?

Thanks for your thoughts,
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check our prices on replacement Polycarbonate 888-448-2464.
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I had to replace my moldboard some time back.Stupid mistake,I oversprayed some Brakeleen while cleaning the metal A frame onto the lexan.Suddenly,the view was real clear with me behind the plow bending over.Yup--she dissolved that lexan real good.Anyway--go to a glass shop with your measurements for the new moldboard.About 15 years ago, it cost me about $100.Very simple to install and yes,it's flat,it will curve once you start bowing it and it's extremely resillient--EXCEPT to the tetra------type nasty solvents like Brakeleen.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

it is easy to replace
    check ebay for the lexan...I got mine there