1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Sno4U, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Rite now I've got a Western 8.5 ft MVP (2004)
    It's got alot of problems due to hard use
    1. Its a little tweaked and has to "break in" cutting edges every time I change them
    2. I was sold floats that where incorrect for the plow and punched holes in the back of the moldboard on both sides when the cutting edge tripped hard a few times.
    3. in conjunction w/ #2 it does not run w/ any floats and now trip edge does not allow the cutting edge to run at the proper angle to allow for floats to run flat (the edge, for some reason runs at too much of an angle-so the holders don't hold the float vertical)
    4. This past winter, the entire lift tower broke and tilted forward-headlights and all.
    I had to weld it at the bottom where it attaches to the lower frame
    5. The cutting edges need to be replaced, again.
    6. I noticed the other day, that the main pivot bolt is cracking around the bushing (the pivot point on the main frame down, under the lift ram.

Everything on the truck is good.

I'd like to just buy an entire new blade assembly.
    Can I do this cheap enough considering there's no installation? Or am I just better off fixing everything on my current "beat up" plow?
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get a new blade.
    Why are you so hard on equip? I plow commercially and NEVER have blades get "tweaked" like you have???
  3. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

look at where he is from
    there is lots of cheese and beer involved. :drinkup::drinkup::angel:

just kidding man don't get yer panties in a bunch

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I think you will like the new MVP's. I just got one, and they are the ticket.
  5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Where'd ya buy from?
  6. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Sno-Way and Boss are the best (respectively) for options especially related to V Blades.

Thats what I've picked up if you look at all the sub forums and follow remarks from guys who've tried them all.