1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Plow Only

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by antanddom, Feb 7, 2009.

1. antanddom

antanddom Member

Hello all,
    I have a MM1 everything runs great plow is all patched because of rot where if they have replacements for the plow only 8' I'm in burlington ma
    Thanks
    Tony's Lawn Care

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

um kinda hard to understand what you are looking for. But yes you can replace the moleboard on that plow. Or you can disconnect the plow from head gear and replace that. Its 2 pins and hoses

3. antanddom

antanddom Member

yes i gues the moleboard I can't strip and paint it anymore
    Thank you

4. antanddom

antanddom Member

I'm sorry it's the plow that need replacement anyone know how much it is and where to buy it

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

you should be able to put a mm2 blade and A-frame on your steup. just measure the distance on the A-frame ears to make sure it will fit your hitch. you can go brand new from a dealer or look around for a used one. any conventional blade should fit as well as long as the A-frame fits

6. antanddom

antanddom Member

Ok great Thank You very much.

7. josh9410

josh9410 Member

I had the same problem with one of my fisher mm1 8' i just had it re-skinned, my fisher dealer quoted me a price of $3,200 just for the a-frame and blade, and i had it re-skinned for $528...thats alot of money saved, and my plow is good as new

8. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

The other option is to go looking for a good used blade .Their are always plenty on Craigslist, I see them all the time. Now with that being said, you will never find a MMI blade they all rot due to the powde rcoated finish Fisher used. What you want to look for is the conventional mount blades that were made just prior to the introduction of the minute Mount series plows. These conventional mounted blades were not powder coated, and the moldboards are the same as the early MMI, you can also use the A-frame with some re fabrication. In order to use the A-frame the crossmemeber has to be cut out and replaced back near the mounting hinges ( ears), you also have to box the side channels. You can see how easy it is when you have the MMI stuff right along side the conventional A-frame, real simple any decent welder can do this job in about two hours.

So start by taking a close picture of the back of your plow and the A-frame, then start looking on line for a conventional one that has the same channel iron type A-frame and when you see it you'll know it.

You can start by checking this one out http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/1018482186.html
    Good Luck
    Jay

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  9. antanddom

antanddom Member

great ideas thank you both very much