1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowguy01886, Oct 24, 2003.

1. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

Hi,

I am moving my Fisher frame from my '87 Jeep Comanche to my "new" '98' Cherokee. I just had the frame sand blasted and painted (want it to last longer). The lights were crummy when I first got the rig (5+ years ago).

Any suggestions on a good set of *bright* replacement lights for about $200 ??

I want a set that I can easily change the bulb in the future.

Thanks!

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Any set of decent plow lights will work.Upgrade the sealed beams to a HO Halogen (glass,not plastic),and make sure they are wired well with good sized wire,as few connections as possible,and a good relay.They will be plenty bright.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Grab a set of night sabers and wire them like the older lights. Have done this upgrade several times. Direct wire or plug in and you can easily change the bulbs. Jerre

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I just bought some new plow lights.
    Check out northern
    I paid less than $100.00 for the set

Hope the link works,
    Mark K

5. plowguy01886

plowguy01886 Junior Member

Hey speedracer241,

Thanks for the link. They sound/look good.

When it says ...
    "Kit includes right and left hand lamps, universal harness and mounting hardware", does the harness include the internal portion (that ties into the truck lighting harness, or do they just mean each light assembly has a plug on the end of the cable :D ?

Do they appear tough enough for plowing?

Thanks!

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

A universal harness will just have a hunk of wires that you will have to connect to your truck's wiring.They may have a connector to remove the plowlights,but nothing that will plug directly into the truck.