1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Motor?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sjwrangler, Nov 16, 2009.

1. sjwrangler

sjwrangler Member

My motor seems to be drawing a lot of power, tends to nearly kill engine at idle when lifting ram, with no plow at 60 degrees. Battery and alternator is new, cleaned all contacts. Was thinking of replacing motor. Dealer wanted $160+ for new motor, ebay has aftermarkets for much less, less than $50. Anyone have any experience with these motors?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

Remember you get what you pay for. Most fleabay motors are made with cheap housings. The motor windings are an alloy that makes for a weaker motor. I would stick to a meyers, napa or get yours rebuilt;

3. sjwrangler

sjwrangler Member

Napa has the same motor?

I did not know that..............

4. 3L4P

3L4P Junior Member

i had the same problem it ended up being the top cap on my e 60 for some reason
    it was seizing up the ram. just a thought!