1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Replacement Motor for Buyers TGSUVPRO

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by schwerhaiv, Jan 12, 2014.

1. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

I have this spreader and the motor is seized up. The one from Buyers is $210 or so; but, there are other replacements from Amazon and ebay that look to be like $85. Are the other replacements okay? Is there a particular source that is better? AND HOW DO I KEEP THIS FROM RUSTING STUCK IN THE FIRST PLACE?

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The replacement motors work just fine. As far as keeping rust at bay you need to use grease and fluid film. I have had one of those spreaders for ten years now and it still works. It has gone through several motors and a couple controllers. When you put the new motor on grease / anti seize the shaft real good and also where it mounts to the spreader frame. It makes it real easy to change it in the future.
  3. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I got mine through DB electric 4 years ago and still running fine.